Barnwood Chic

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Comfort Food

When I was traveling to Cedar City the other day, the man on the radio was talking about comfort foods. He explained that comfort foods were foods that reminded you of special occasions and foods that you served at those special times. The kind of food that your brain says the occasion wouldn't be the same without it.

I got thinking about my comfort foods and then my mind started wandering to foods that I related to other people. Here are some examples. Sis. Jean Allen-sweet soup or rhubard rolls, Colleen Faber-boston creme pie, Pearl-raisin filled cookies, Mom-carrot cake, Grandma Esther-bleu cheese. I think that my signature food is pie. What is your?

Anita

7 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have a signature food, if I do, I don't know what it is. ☺ My food associations though are: You - 4 Layer Delight (don't know why), Grandma Hanks - Gooseberry Pie, Janille - Cheesecake, steak, and potato salad. ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I have one either, however I would associate Bryan with brownies and Mom with vegetable soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comfort foods usually involve a lot of butter....

    My associations:

    Toast and fudge - Grandma Aileen
    Coffee - Grandma Betsy
    Beef Stew - my Mom
    Chicken and Zucchini - my Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to think about isn't it. I agree with everyones food associations. Annette, I don't know how often you make Danish Puffs anymore, but a few years back I would have said that was yours. You probably associate me with 4 layer delight because I was one of the first ones to make it and we had it for a lot of feasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The funny thing, is that it is kind of hard to choose just a few of my favorite comfort foods, but if you asked for DIScomfort foods...there a several that immediately come to mind. lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita I think your food is Pie.
    Annette, for me your food would be Pudding cake.
    Rosealeen I think Garlic Bread Sticks.
    Annette you're right on Janille's.
    Joie would be Pot Roast.
    Sharon might be bread sticks too, or Orange Chicken.
    Kenneth...cookies, all kinds
    Me.. not to sure. Ceasar Salad, to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, Chandra, I would say Ceasar Salad for you or sausage bread roll up things...☺

    Anita - ha, I haven't made those forever but I've been wanting to since Cary would like it if I made them again.

    ReplyDelete