Barnwood Chic

Saturday, October 16, 2010

telephone booths, carts, etc

I have had the privilege of going to the Amish country in Ohio 5 times now. I've been enough times that I know where the cheap China shops to avoid are, and I know where the good quality "locally made" shops are. I have enjoyed every trip and find more little shops to go to every time.
These people don't have phones in their homes or businesses, but some of them do have a phone in a phone booth where you can call and leave a message. They will get back with you at their convenience.
This is a telephone booth by some houses

They put up earlage into these corn cribs.


We took a ride in a buggy



We usually eat a meal in an Amish home. This is a fun time to get to meet new people and have DELICIOUS food! I just took a trip with Joie, Sharla and Loretta. We had dinner in an Amish home. She had 27 people that she cooked for that night. She had also made over 600 doughnuts in the early morning for a big bake sale they were having. Once again we had a great time.





1 comment:

  1. That would have been a great trip. You were only 2 hours away from where Bryan's parents live. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete